We hold volunteer workdays twice per week from April to October:
- WEDNESDAY – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- SATURDAY – 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Volunteer workdays are held at :
- Heritage Park
- 771 N. Rengstorff Avenue
- Mountain View, CA 94043
- [Google Map]
Here are some upcoming special events at Soil&Water Garden
October Special Events - 10 am - 12 noon
- OCT 4, 2017 - chapstick making with infused calendula oil and beeswax from the resident bees.
- OCT 11, 2017 - Last official garden workday this season! Diwali celebration potluck, calculate how many pounds of Petaluma gold rush beans we grew for donation to the seed bank.
- SATURDAY, OCT 14 11:30am-9pm https://www.facebook.com/SiliconValleyGrows/ (let's carpool, email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in attending)
Rancho Rinconada Pk&Rec Ctr
18000 Chelmsford Ave. Cupertino
- There will be a:
Saving Seed Talk
Petaluma Gold Rush Bean Weigh Off (we'll bring our saved beans for donation to the seed bank library)
Movie: Seed the Untold Story
Regular workdays schedule:
Only 3 weeks left for gardening this season. Come out to get your garden groove on!
- Sept 20, 2017 - regular workday reducing garden rows by pulling crops and planting crop cover
- Sept 23, 2017 - tomato tasting + harvesting
- Sept 27, 2017 - regular workday reducing garden rows by pulling crops and planting crop cover
- Sept 30, 2017 - Plant snap peas, chard, and kale
- Oct 7, 2017 - regular workday
- Oct 11, 2017 - last regular workday, finishing up any remaining tasks to reduce the garden for winter.
There are only about 3.5 weeks for regular garden workdays this year. We'll be reducing the garden for the winter and using the down time to build things - like a mini- greenhouse to start seeds, a tomato trellis, create signage for the garden, and other tools needed in the garden.
If you are interesting in helping out over the winter months, please join the new Urban Garden Winter Task Force.
Please email Kavita (email@example.com) to be added to a project.
Meetings will be held as needed to build things or gardening to maintain the winter garden. Regular garden workdays will return in February 2018.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CALENDAR
The best way to know when our volunteer workdays are happening is to subscribe to the Soil&Water Garden calendar. Click one of the links below to add the calendar to your device: