2017 special events
- OCT 4, 2017 - chapstick making with infused calendula oil and beeswax from the resident bees.
- OCT 11, 2017 - Last official garden workday this season! Diwali celebration potluck, calculate how many pounds of Petaluma gold rush beans we grew for donation to the seed bank.
- SATURDAY, OCT 14 11:30am-9pm https://www.facebook.com/SiliconValleyGrows/ (let's carpool!)
Rancho Rinconada Pk&Rec Ctr
18000 Chelmsford Ave. Cupertino
- There will be a:
Saving Seed Talk
Petaluma Gold Rush Bean Weigh Off (we'll bring our saved beans for donation to the seed bank library)
Movie: Seed the Untold Story
- Sept 20, 2017 - regular workday reducing garden rows by pulling crops and planting crop cover
- Sept 23, 2017 - tomato tasting + harvesting
- Sept 27, 2017 - regular workday reducing garden rows by pulling crops and planting crop cover
- Sept 30, 2017 - Plant snap peas, chard, and kale
- Oct 7, 2017 - regular workday
- Oct 11, 2017 - last regular workday, finishing up any remaining tasks to reduce the garden for winter.
We'll be reducing the garden for the winter and using the down time to build things - like a mini- greenhouse to start seeds, a tomato trellis, create signage for the garden, and other tools needed in the garden.
If you are interesting in helping out over the winter months, please join the new Urban Garden Winter Task Force. Contact us if you'd like to be added to a project.
Meetings will be held as needed to build things or gardening to maintain the winter garden. Regular garden workdays will return in February 2018.